[game_edu] Salary survey

Jose P. Zagal jzagal at cdm.depaul.edu
Wed Sep 3 12:11:35 EDT 2014

The Taulbee survey tracks salaries in CS departments, which might
provide a ballpark (not sure what background your friend has and where
he/she is considering teaching). It includes a column for non-tenure
track positions which provides more info.

http://cra.org/uploads/documents/resources/crndocs/2013-Taulbee-Survey.pdf
(starting at page 33 of the pdf)

My guess is that CS salaries are on the higher end for departments/units
that have a game program.
He/she should probably also find out if it's a 9-month salary or not.

Jose