[game_edu] A potentially inappropriate request

Warren E Spector warren.spector at austin.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 7 10:54:16 EDT 2015

The Denius-Sams Gaming Academy is accepting applications for the 2015-2016 school year. I'm looking for ways to get the word out to potential applicants.

I have two hopes:

First is that some of you, at least, will be willing to share a link to our application website. You all have alumni lists and ready access to your soon-to-be graduates. Those are exactly the folks we want in the program. FWIW, I don't see what we do as competitive with most (maybe any) of you, given our laser-focus on game development leadership and management. But I understand if you don't see it that way. In any event, here's the link to the website: http://moody.utexas.edu/gaming-academy/apply/ (Anyone who's interested in more information can click on the Home tab from there.)

Second, as some of you know, I've turned down speaking requests during the school year because of the workload involved in running and teaching in my program. This summer, my time frees up dramatically. At risk of letting my ego run amok, if you want me to come visit and speak with students, as some of you have requested, let me know and we'll try to work something out. (The other two DSGA faculty members - Joshua Howard and D.S. Cohen - are available as well, and both come with 15+ years of industry experience in senior leadership roles.) If you're interested, email me at warren.spector at austin.utexas.edu. (I won't be offended if I don't hear from anyone!)

And if this IS inappropriate, delete and forgive...

Warren Spector
Director, Denius-Sams Gaming Academy