[game_edu] Internship question

Charles Rich rich at WPI.EDU
Tue Jan 27 16:11:22 EST 2015

Technically, unpaid internships are illegal unless they are entirely
for training and educational purposes.     In other words, if the
student does anything that contributes to the business of the company,
they must be paid.   A lot of companies are still walking in the gray
area on this one.  However, adding a non-competition clause like this
is beyond the pale.  I would recommend reporting the company
(confidentially, of course) to the attorney general's office in your
state.

-CR