[game_edu] Group project team formation

Jose Luis Soler josodo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 05:43:17 EDT 2015

​Hi Malcolm.
 Here in www.floridareplay.com, Spain, we work with teams of 15 people,
divided in sub-teams focused on skills and roles: art, technology, design
and business, based on students preferences and background. It makes us be
able to obtain games with significant scope, deepness and art level and
minimizes the problem of lazy or low-level students.
 We like big teams in order to practice with SCRUM, Kanban and inter-team
communication. Each sub-team has an specific producer and they are the
interface with teachers and other sub-teams.
 In addition, to work out the idea, we follow the next process:
 - Each students brings three simple ideas (breakthroughs). One or two
lines.
 - The whole class votes and they choose the best breakthroughs from each
student.
 - Then, they develop this idea to one sheet extension (few graphical
references, basic mechanic description...)
 - The whole class votes again and they choose best three ideas.
 - We form three groups and they develop even more this ideas, arriving to
a simple ten pager.
 - The whole class votes again and we choose the best idea.

 This process takes a full time week.

 Best regards.

 José Luis Soler
 Florida Universitaria