[game_edu] Game-based Learning Return on Investment

Brock Dubbels brock.dubbels at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 09:55:22 EST 2016

look at the cost of building a game as compared to it the cost of
"interactive text with image", "plain text", and "video"

look at the comprehension outcomes -- you should have a construct for
comprehension (what is construct validity for comprehension)

engagement is relative -- but you can define it based upon observable
behavior, cognitive outcomes, and affective response

Best regards,

Brock

Brock R. Dubbels, PhD.,
Consumer Insights & User Experience Design
Dept. Psychology, Neuroscience, & Behavior
McMaster University
Canada: 905.577.2535; USA: 415.968.9072

Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Games and Computer-Mediated
Simulations
Published Quarterly. Peer-Reviewed, Est. 2009.