[game_edu] ToDiGRA Vol. 2, No. 3 is out and available! (DiGRA Lüneburg 2015)

Jose P Zagal jose.zagal at utah.edu
Thu Nov 17 12:10:35 EST 2016

Hello,

I'm happy to announce the latest issue of the Transactions of the
Digital Games Research Association (ToDiGRA) guest edited by Staffan
Björk and Mathias Fuchs.  ToDiGRA collects some of the finest work
presented at the DiGRA conferences and this issue continues in that
tradition by highlighting work presented at the 2015 edition of the
DiGRA conference held in Lüneburg, Germany (May 14-17).

In this issue...

Introduction
Staffan Björk, Mathias Fuchs
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/50

Editors of Play: The Scripts and Practices of Co-creativity in Minecraft
and LittleBigPlanet
Pablo Abend, Benjamin Beil
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/51

Are You Out of Your Mind? Focalization in Digital Games
Fraser Allison
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/52

The Use of Theory in Designing a Serious Game for the Reduction of
Cognitive Biases
Meg Barton, Carl Symborski, Mary Quinn, Carey K Morewedge, Karim S
Kassam, James H Korris
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/53

The Role of Gaming Platforms in Young Males' Trajectories of Technical
Expertise
Joe Baxter-Webb
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/54

Worldfulness, Role-enrichment & Moving Rituals: Design Ideas for CRPGs
Erik Champion
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/55

Postdigital Interfaces and the Aesthetics of Recruitment
Darshana Jayemanne, Bjorn Nansen, Thomas H Apperley
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/56

Creating Stealth Game Interventions for Attitude and Behavior Change: An
"Embedded Design" Model
Geoff Kaufman, Mary Flanagan, Max Seidman
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/57

Hackers and Cyborgs: Binary Domain and Two Formative Videogame Technicities
Brendan Keogh
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/58

Sound Similarity as a Tool for Understanding Player Experience: Applying
Similarity Matrix to Gameplay Performance Segmentation
Raphaël Marczak, Gareth Schott, Pierre Hanna
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/59

Video Games and Slavery
Souvik Mukherjee
http://todigra.org/index.php/todigra/article/view/60

A very special and warm thank you to everyone who helped put this issue
together, enjoy!

José P. Zagal
Editor-in-Chief

Transactions of the Digital Games Research Association (ToDiGRA)
http://todigra.org

ToDIGRA is a quarterly, international, open access, refereed,
multidisciplinary journal dedicated to research on and practice in all
aspects of games. ToDiGRA captures the wide variety of research within
the game studies community combining, for example, humane science with
sociology, technology with design, and empirics with theory. As such,
the journal provides a forum for communication among experts from
different disciplines in game studies such as education, computer
science, psychology, media and communication studies, design,
anthropology, sociology, and business. ToDiGRA is sponsored by the
Digital Games Research Association (DiGRA), the leading international
professional society for academics and professionals seeking to advance
the study and understanding of digital games. ToDiGRA is published in
collaboration with ETC Press

ISSN 2328-9414 (Print)
ISSN 2328-9422 (Online)

ETC Press
http://press.etc.cmu.edu/

ETC Press is a publishing imprint with a twist. We publish books, but
we’re also interested in the participatory future of content creation
across multiple media. We are an academic, open source, multimedia,
publishing imprint affiliated with the Entertainment Technology Center
(ETC) at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and in partnership with
Lulu.com. ETC Press has an affiliation with the Institute for the Future
of the Book and MediaCommons, sharing in the exploration of the
evolution of discourse. ETC Press also has an agreement with the
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) to place ETC Press
publications in the ACM Digital Library.

Every text is available for free download, and we price our titles as
inexpensively as possible, because we want people to have access to
them. We're most interested in the sharing and spreading of ideas.

--
José P. Zagal
Entertainment Arts & Engineering
jose.zagal at utah.edu