[game_edu] Second CfP (Extended deadline): International Workshop on Data-Driven Gamification Design (DDGD 2017) at Mindtrek 2017

amon rapp amon.rapp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 10:36:35 EDT 2017

Apologies for cross posting

============================

CALL FOR PAPERS

============================

First International Workshop on Data-Driven Gamification Design (DDGD 2017)

Held in conjunction with Mindtrek 2017

Tampere, Finland

http://data-driven-gamification.com

IMPORTANT DATES

---------------

Submission deadline: September 5, 2017 (Extended)

Notification date: September 10, 2017

Camera-ready due: September 15, 2017

Workshop date: September 20, 2017

GOALS

------------

Gamification has been attracted much interest, not only in the HCI
community, in the last few years. However, there is still a lack of
insights and theory on the relationships between game design elements,
motivation, domain context and user behavior. In this workshop we want to
discover the potentials of data-driven gamification design optimization,
e.g. by the application of machine learning techniques on user interaction
data in a certain domain.

We are looking for:

- Gamified systems that exploit data mining, machine learning and AI
techniques.

- Insights on game design elements built upon empirical data that can
expand the catalog available to gamification designers and practitioners.

- Personalized gamified systems that exploit physiological, psychological,
environmental, emotional and social data to provide tailored game elements
to users with different characteristics.

- Domain-dependent gamified services and applications addressed to contexts
like health, learning, workplace, security, crowdsourcing, and so on.

- Field evaluations of gamified systems in specific contexts of use, and
new techniques to envision, design and assess gamification design
techniques.

- Theoretical reflections and ethical considerations on the future of
gamification enabled by the increasing availability of data.

Topics of Interest

In this workshop we want to discuss and learn from planned and already
executed studies. Therefore we invite the submission of position papers as
well as novel research papers and demos addressing insights on Data-Driven
Gamification Design. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

- Gamification approaches in a variety of domains, e.g.: education,
workplace, health and e-commerce

- Empirical studies to improve gamification design

 Evaluation of gamified applications and services in specific domains

- AI and machine learning for gamification

- Player’s data to be used in gamification design

- New theoretical approaches for gamification design

- New game design elements grounded upon empirical data

- Personalized gamified systems

- Ethical issues and critical reflections

SUBMISSION

-----------------------

All papers should be 2-6 pages long (in PDF format) following the ACM
proceedings format. LaTeX and Word templates are available at:
http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template. Submissions will be
peer-reviewed by at least three members of the program committee. We plan
to publish the papers as CEUR Workshop Proceedings.

Please submit your papers in PDF format through:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ddgd2017.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

--------------------

Michael Meder, TU Berlin (Germany)

Amon Rapp, University of Torino (Italy)

Till Plumbaum, TU Berlin (Germany)

Frank Hopfgartner, University of Glasgow (United Kingdom)

CONTACT

e-mail: amon.rapp at gmail.com

--
Amon Rapp Ph.D.

University of Torino - Computer Science Department
C.so Svizzera, 185 - Torino, Italy

Email: amon.rapp at gmail.com
Mobile: +39 346 2142386
Skype: amonrp