[game_edu] Introducing GGJNEXT - looking for your help

S.Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 12:14:54 EST 2017

Hi everyone,
Long time - no post. I'm Susan Gold from the Global Game Jam and we have
announced our 2nd project GGJ*NEXT* <http://ggjnext.org> - game jams for
young creators.

Need your HELP! We are looking for game designers, developers and educators
to help create micro-lessons for our curriculum. http://bit.ly/GGJNEXTinvite

Although there are a lot of issues when it comes to jamming with young
ones... we have that covered. We think that kids might need a little prep,
hence the MVP of a curriculum. So we want to work on some training videos...
and this is where you come in.

We're looking for volunteers who can point a webcam at their face for,
like, 5 minutes or so, and cover one basic game dev skill from a list that
we're providing. We'll handle the rest of the video-post and the lesson
plan template for you to fill in - and since this is an MVP will be happy
with what we get. If we find a large foundation wanting to give us a lot of
money, we'll get to the high end production values. For now, we just want
to see if this will work. We know we will grow and iterate, but as an MVP
think this is pretty solid.

Goal isn't to teach the kids, but rather to teach their teachers... and not
to condense all of your skills into a tiny period of time, just enough to
get them from zero to "can make my first simple game on my own."

AND please share with your colleagues at work please. This is going to be a
great community collaboration. Thanks in advance!

http://bit.ly/GGJNEXTinvite
Looking forward to all of your creative input,

Susan

--
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from
disinclination to do so."  - Douglas Adams

Skype: tahoegold
Mobile +1 415 286 3489