[games_access] 3D Connexion input device

Reid Kimball rkimball at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 23:40:52 EDT 2006

Sorry if this device has been discussed before but today I had the
opportunity to try it out and it was an awesome experience.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/3a1.php

It was so simple to use and I got the hang of it in just seconds.
Imagine using it like the red dot input devices you find on laptop
keyboards. You hold this cylindrical device by placing your fingers
and thumb around it, as if you were holding a cup by the top. Then
push it around and twist it to navigate in 3D. Push/pull forward and
back moves forward and back, pushing left or right could strafe left
and right, while twisting left/right could look left and right. I
think it could be a wonderful input device for people with limited
mobility while playing FPS games. It doesn't require tricky movement
of fingers or wrists at all.

I'm not sure if it supports any games however. Has anyone used it before?

-Reid