[games_access] Looking for constructive feedback and comments

Ian Hamilton i_h at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 03:42:11 EDT 2012

No that's not correct, disabled gamers regularly use assistive technology to compete in professional games tournaments. In particular Street Fighter and Starcraft have seen world class professional gamers who have profound disabilities, eg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nSodg-HTU
I've actually just this morning had an email from a quite profoundly disabled gamer who runs a team and is competing at EGL this weekend.

Input devices are not fixed, different gamers use their own control methods anyway regardless of wether they have a motor impairment, so whether you use a razer keyboard, a steelseries keyboard or an adroid switchblade is irrelevant.
The only thing that matters as far as a level playing field is concerned is the providing the same game mechanic, so what wouldn't be allowed would be something actually directly modifies the gameplay, such as auto-aim.
Ian