[games_access] IGDA / Special Effect at Gamescom 2012?

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 07:59:48 EST 2012

Hi Ian,

Sorry so slow with this... The problem with a trip over to Germany as I see it is the cost for an organisation such as SpecialEffect is if they send two or three people. It's not just the £1000 stand (which is a lot) - it's the travel, accommodation and subsistence. Does mount up to a lot of money very rapidly, that maybe can be used in more cost-effective ways for the moment (would German gamers have much sympathy for supporting a UK based charity I'm wondering, where things like the Loan Library are UK only presently). But.... when/if the cash and time could be found - I agree with you that this could be a great event to support. That's not the official SE line - just my feeling on things.

Brilliant though what you and Sandra pulled off last year.

Barrie