[MacLoggerContest] Contest Logger for Macs

Ted Brattstrom ted at hawaii.edu
Tue Feb 8 19:15:02 EST 2005

Aloha -

Although I haven't tried MacLogger other than a quick download and trial
- the logging of 1-3 QSOs/minute did not seem well supported.

In addition, MacLogger has so many features that are not needed in this
scenario - the busy-ness of the interface gets in the way.

DXpedition format is very much like Contest format - how many QSOs can
you get in the log in the minimum amount of time. So, you are clicking
on a band (20M)/ mode (SSB) for that run, then type: VP8DHI <return> 59
<return> and it is logged... then the next call/signal report...
To change bands - click on the next band (17M) ...

Why? When I hand log - I put in date at the top of the page, time at the
top - if I'm really cooking - the hour is at the top and only the
minutes, and callsign get logged - If the default is 59, I can leave off
writting that, so only the non-59 reports get into the paper log...

Some DXpeditions are going for single contacts per band mode - so I've
got no problem with putting in a dupe detector, as long as I can still
log it :-) why? it never hurts, and they feel that they really are in
the log. I'm up for it either way.

When I'm out - sometimes I'm doing fast style (contest-ish) and
sometimes I'm doing a little chatting along the way. (more standard log
style).

Thanks for all the thoughts - ted - nh6yk (and vp8dhi, v73yk,
ce0y/nh6yk, nh4/nh6yk etc.)