[MacLoggerContest] OSX and microHam USB interface

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sat Apr 2 09:41:32 EST 2005

Hi Richard,

On 2-Apr-05, at 9:20 AM, Richard Cincotta wrote:

> Sri if this is an old topic -- I'm new to the list.
>
> I've just bought a microHam USB interface, unpacked the OSX
> software (I run OSX 10.3.4) from the CD, and installed -- but my
> logger (MacLoggerDX) does not seem to communicating with my IC703.
> I checked the USB port -- OSX acknowledges the device is present.
>
> And, the instructions that microHam provides for MacOSX are
> hopeless.  Any suggestions from successful users of this interface
> with OSX?
>
> Rich, ki4fw

There is a problem with the FTDI OS X driver that requires you to
unplug and replug the device after each reboot for it to be re-
enumerated and show up in the port list.
FTDI blames Apple for this, but none of the other USB/Serial adapters
seem to suffer from this problem.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com