[MacLoggerContest] Re: MacLoggerDX tab order

Scott Andersen bsandersen at mac.com
Tue Aug 2 14:22:27 EDT 2005

On Aug 2, 2005, at 2:17 PM, Jonathan G0DVJ wrote:

> The big question is whether having entered this information into
> whatever fields,
> a utility (perhaps such as Scott's CabConverter or similar) could
> extract (only)
> the required data to construct a cabrillo file which the contest
> adjudicators
> in each case expect to receive.  At some level, for this to fly,
> some information
> about specific events or at least event types needs to be
> accommodated.  This could
> conceptually be done in MLDX itself or in a post-contest event
> utility program.

The Cab-Converter program has documentation for each contest (or, at
least
_will_ have documentation for each contest) describing what information
from the exchange needs to be captured and where it should be put. I
think
you'll see that in the first few contests I've documented in the current
bundle.

While I could always brain-storm more ways MLDX could somehow help
with this, isn't it true that the current fields, along with a
healthy Cab-converter, are sufficient? (It has been for me...)

-- Scott (NE1RD)

B. Scott Andersen    | "Magic is real, unless declared integer."
bsandersen at mac.com   | -- The collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Acton, Massachusetts | Ham: NE1RD, QRP ARCI#11588, FP#-910