[MacLoggerContest] Re: MacLoggerDX tab order

Jonathan G0DVJ g0dvj at amsat.org
Tue Aug 2 19:30:49 EDT 2005

On Aug 2, 2005, at 7:48 pm, Don Agro wrote:

>> I presume that clever people will be able to set up scripts similar
>> to those you have already published in order to program whatever TAB
>> order is required for different events.   (I am sure there must be a
>> more Mac UI-like approach to doing this than writing and executing
>> applescript in conjunction with the 3rd party Function Key assignment
>> utilities!)
>
> There is absolutely nothing un-Mac-like about using function keys for
> combining actions or customizing software - that's what they are for.

Agreed - however my words were "writing applescript code" to TAB
between fields!  Anyway lets not bicker about it - Note the exclamation
mark on my original sentence.  :)

>> Unfortunately for those of us who use an Apple laptops in the shack,
>> the function keys are already set to do Apple Hardware things such as
>> Screen Brightness, Sound volume, num lock, Keyboard backlighting etc.
>
> Not is simply not true. The System Preferences/Keyboard/"Use the
> F1-F12 ..." checkbox allows you to use the PowerBook's function keys.

Thanks for the education!   I really have missed this one!   I have
never found that checkbox before but it's exactly what I need for other
software too.  I will bother to download XKeys now :)

73,
Jonathan  G0DVJ