[MacLoggerContest] Re: MacLoggerDX tab order

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Aug 3 23:23:42 EDT 2005

Hi John,

On 3-Aug-05, at 11:00 PM, John E Bastin wrote:

> I think you misunderstood what I was trying to point out. I didn't
> mean to imply that complexity for the user makes for a steep
> learning curve, but rather that the program is complex in the wide
> myriad of features that it offers.

OK, I understand.

> My contention is that it would be easier to develop a high-end
> contesting program if you weren't trying to combine it with DX
> logging and award record-keeping all in the same package. It's your
> choice, though. If you want to tackle it that way, I'll be eagerly
> anticipating the result.

I'm just trying to make MacLoggerDX more contester-friendly because I
couldn't find 2 contesters who could agree on a spec for a Mac
contesting program.

> If I was "having fun with the PC" I wouldn't still be watching what
> is happening on the Mac side of the aisle. I want this effort to be
> successful, believe me.

Which one - the effort your told us not to bother trying because it
couldn't be done ?
OK, but you do have an odd way of showing your support...

> I don't "reject" the option. Let's just say I'm skeptical at this
> time and would be very happy if you prove me wrong.

Let's just say that the rest of us are a little busy trying to get
the job done.

> I would never say anything "can't be done." I gave some opinions of
> how it can be done,

Huh ? I'm sorry but you said...

> "Due to this complexity, I think that efforts to make MacLoggerDX
> into a contesting program would not contribute to its present
> function, and would produce a sub-optimal contest program at best."

Which part of this did you think we would find constructive ?

> you have different ideas of how it can be done.

No argument here.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com