[MacLoggerContest] Re: MacLoggerContest Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1

David Ferrington 2E0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 04:02:53 EST 2006

Actually, that would be very useful, because them we could program the
'click' on the PowerMate to send that key.
I'm sure this can be done with a sequence of keys, and a keystroke program
would allow you to setup a function key to send the sequence.

On 27/3/06 2:13 am, "macloggercontest-request at dogparksoftware.com"
<macloggercontest-request at dogparksoftware.com> sent:

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:13:36 -0300
> From: Chris Harris <chris.harris at horizon.co.fk>
> Subject: [MacLoggerContest] select vfo contol
> To: macloggercontest at dogparksoftware.com
>
> Hi all,
>
> It there an easy way to select the VFO control, I mean to make it
> active so the it can be tuned with the arrow keys, by a simple key
> stroke?
>
> During the recent WPX contest I didn't feel like working pileups so
> just did a bit of casual search and pounce. I found that this was
> easy from the keyboard using left right arrow keys to tune by 5kHz
> and if I heard something to fine tune with the arrow keys and
> modifers. When I got a station tuned it was simply a matter of
> hitting command+K to start entering the callsign. The pain was
> getting back to the VFO, one the station was in the log or if he
> moved frequency, as there doesn't seem to be a key-stroke for that -
> maybe there is can anybody enlighten me?
>
> I've been thinking of getting a powermate but the same issue would
> apply, I think. I'd have to go from keyboard entry to mouse to (to
> select the VFO control) to powermate. The problem is that all these
> hand movements between input devices take time and if you are trying
> to retune to follow a moving contact it can be too slow.
>
> It's funny but if you are in old fashioned logbook mode it's easy to
> tune the radio with one hand and write with the other. However when
> computer logging you need both hands on the keyboard to be able to
> keep up, well at least I do.
>
> 73 de Chris VP8BKF

-Aldous Huxley, novelist (1894-1963)