[MacLoggerContest] select vfo contol

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Mar 28 19:00:30 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

On 28-Mar-06, at 6:12 PM, Chris Harris wrote:

>>> It there an easy way to select the VFO control, I mean to make it
>>> active so the it can be tuned with the arrow keys, by a simple
>>> key stroke?
>>
>> "Focus VFO" under the Log Menu or <shift> <command> V
>>
> Wow perfect Don, thanks very much.

You are welcome.

> A quick question on the Powermate. I am under the impression that
> you can programme the powermate to simulate key presses when you
> turn it  i.e. up and down arrows if your turn clockwise and counter
> clockwise to tune the radio.

That is correct.

> oops this is going to be two questions.
>
> 1. Will the shift modifier key still work to allow you to fine tune?

Yes, see the chart at the bottom of this page...

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/
controlwindow.html>

> 2. My original question. I think the powermate is also clickable,
> presumably by pushing down on it, so could this be programmed with
> shift+command+V so that you could click the powermate to focus the
> VFO control and then use it to tune?

Yes, I tested that and it works OK.

> Have I got the right end of the stick, is that how it works?

Basically, but there is Rotate Right, Rotate Left, click, long click,
click and Rotate Right, click and Rotate Left.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com