[MacLoggerContest] MacLoggerDX v5.0 Contesting comments

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sat Jan 24 11:29:01 EST 2009

Hi David,

I have moved this to the contest list - I don't want a repeat of last
week's fiasco.

On 24-Jan-09, at 11:03 AM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> Really was hoping for a less busy contest entry, without lots of

> address fields etc (most UK contest forbid using lookup, or at least

> make it assisted section if you do).

The layout was designed by Scott Andersen (NE1RD) an avid contester
and author of cab_converter - but then I have never met 2 contesters
who can agree with one another :)

> Was hoping for a simpler keystroke to log call, like command-return

> and on contest, tabbing past last field to be filled in would log

> and place you back to call field - perhaps I'm looking for to much.

Perhaps you are looking for problems instead of solutions ?

<command>K clears and takes you back to call - as it always did.

On 11-Jan-09, at 3:36 PM, B. Scott Andersen wrote:

> So: here's how a QSO would go.

> CMD-K clears Call, Recv text, and Recv S/N. Focus left in Call

> The clock continues to tick while I call CQ

> Somebody answers my CQ. I type in the call.

> I hit CMD-L to lookup. All that great data gets filled in.

> Tab. I copy his exchange data into the Recv text area. OR!

> Tab Tab. I copy his exchange serial number into the Recv S/N area.

> Shift-CMD-L to log it. This clears call, Recv text, and Recv S/N.

> Focus is left in Call.

> I'm ready to go again.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g P a r k S o f t w a r e L t d .