[MacLoggerContest] While on subject of Contests

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 01:42:52 EST 2009

Don, While your in 'contest' mode, could you make the Grid field in
the Contest panel enterable?
If we are working a contest where we can not use an Internet lookup
(for whatever reason; banned or portable with no network etc), then we
will often need to enter the Grid. VHF+ contests use this a lot (at
least in the UK).

Typical exchange if I'm responding to a CQ, goes something like
"G0ABC contest"
M0XDF
"M0XDF 57 number 034 IO91JO"
Thank you for the 34, you are 59 002 in IO91PK, QSL?
"QSL"
"G0ABC contest"

So, we need to record the Grid.

You can also see from this why I was requesting a different sequence
to the field order, or a configurable tab order. For the present, I
understand you have other priorities.

73 de M0XDF, MLDXv5.01b11
--
When work is a pleasure, life is a joy! When work is a duty, life is
slavery. -Maxim Gorky, author (1868-1936)