[MacLoggerContest] Tab order and editable fields

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Fri Feb 20 06:02:41 EST 2009

Hi David,

On 20-02-2009, at 1:42 AM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> Don, While your in 'contest' mode, could you make the Grid field in

> the Contest panel enterable?

I can, but every field that is editable increases the number of fields
to tab through.

Please have a look at Scott's original email.

<http://seven.pairlist.net/pipermail/macloggercontest/
2009q1/000183.html>

You guys will have to sort this out amongst yourselves and let me know
what conclusion you all come to.

> If we are working a contest where we can not use an Internet lookup

> (for whatever reason; banned or portable with no network etc), then

> we will often need to enter the Grid. VHF+ contests use this a lot

> (at least in the UK).

> Typical exchange if I'm responding to a CQ, goes something like

> "G0ABC contest"

> M0XDF

> "M0XDF 57 number 034 IO91JO"

> Thank you for the 34, you are 59 002 in IO91PK, QSL?

> "QSL"

> "G0ABC contest"

> So, we need to record the Grid.

> You can also see from this why I was requesting a different sequence

> to the field order, or a configurable tab order. For the present, I

> understand you have other priorities.

It's not just that - but each contester has a different preferences.
Please consult with Scott and the others and let me know what you all
agree on.

It only takes a few minutes to do this but without consensus I will be
redoing it constantly.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW