[MacLoggerContest] MacloggerDX 5.X and Icom 7800

Jeffrey A. Steinberg kilo2mit at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 20:23:12 EDT 2009

My MacLogger 4.4 worked fine with my keyspan USB/Serial 4-port device
and my rotator (Green Heron--DCU-1 emulation at 4800 baud) and my
IC-7800). If anyone has this combination (radio and Maclogger) would
you be willing to share configurations over the phone. If so, can you
PM me or reply to this e-mail letting me know. Put your call in.

Currently my 7800 is set to CI-V baud rate auto, address: 6Ah, CI-V
transceiver ON, RS-232C Function Decode, Decode baud rate: 98600.

Preferences on the radio is serial port, keyspan serial port id, 9600
baud, 2 stop bits, icom-7800, DTR yes, RTS yes, command delay 0ms., icom
address 6A.

--Jeffrey Steinberg
K2MIT

Thanks in advance. This is frustrating because it worked in 4.4

I tested the keyspan on my automated telescope and all is well with
all 4 ports..