[MacLoggerContest] [DogParkList] Finally! a CT like logger for the Mac!

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sat May 23 04:54:16 EDT 2009

Hi David,

On 23-May-09, at 4:03 AM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> Well, frankly, no :-( It only works with a K3 and requires a Winkeyer.

Why don't you offer to write a driver for your radio ? He is making
the source code and project available - if that isn't handing it to
you on a silver platter I don't know what is.

> It doesn't support non HF contests and requires I use some specific

> font that is not standard shipped with a Mac (afaics).

The fact that it uses a custom font is bad how ?

> I'm sure it will be good for the limited numbers that have exactly

> what it requires - but then that's true for all things.

And all contesters.

> Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad people are looking to write

> software for the Mac and glad another contesting program has come

> along. But since I can't use it with my microHam DIGIkeyer or with

> my FT-857, it's not a lot of value to me and I guess quite a lot of

> other people. It's a good start, especially if someone picks it up

> and expands it.

Someone finally develops a CT like contest logger for the Mac and
still you complain ?

Skookumlogger was developed by Bill K1GQ who is the DRI for the Open
Sourced CT contest logger. He is a very well known contester and a
MacLoggerDX user since 2002. I doubt you can do too much better than
he can when it comes to a contest logger.

Frankly David I find your reaction nothing short of astonishing.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW