[MacLoggerContest] MacLoggerDX Contest panel

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Dec 15 07:06:41 EST 2009

Hi Rich,

On 2009-12-14, at 7:36 PM, Rich Seifert wrote:

> - The flashing red "dupe" indicator is fine, and works "on the fly" as requested earlier. However, the dupe check needs to be band and mode selectable. As it is now, it shows a dupe whether you worked the station on the same band/mode or a different band/mode. Now, in the 10 meter contest the band is all the same, but you *are* allowed to work the same station on CW and SSB; it would be nice to tell the dupe checker to check (independently) only on same band and only on same mode.

The contest Helper does exactly that... checks duplicates by selected band or current band.

http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX%20Help/mldxfc_contest_helper.html

> -When you first load (or reload) the contest log, the text above the log entries properly shows "xxx records read from <filename>". However, it remains with that same text even when additional QSOs are added to the log. The number does update if you do a search (and unsearch), or otherwise "touch" the log. It would be nice to have a running QSO count displayed somewhere.

We do. The contest helper shows QSO/s per minute, time since last QSO logged and time since last band change.
Version 5.21 Beta 8 also displays the exact number of QSOs in the log after each QSO is logged.

> -When changing mode from CW to SSB, the pre-filled RST field should automatically change from "599" to "59", and vice-versa, without manual intervention. (I had to manually edit some SSB log entries with an RST of 599 because I forgot to change it.)

This is messy, currently RST sent and received are persistent fields but do not track the current mode.

> -As with the callsign field, the STX/RTX fields should force uppercase, at least from the Contest panel. (It probably wants to allow upper/lowercase if accessed from anywhere other than the Contest panel.)

That's an easy one if you are 100% positive that lower case is never used in any contest exchange. Version 5.21 Beta 8 does this.

> -I know Don has said that it violates cocoa conventions, but tabbing from the callsign field should take you directly to the first "empty" field, not to the RST (which is almost invariably left untouched). If that means that the RST field has to be moved to the other side of the STX/SRX fields, so be it.

Yes, as mentioned several times before I am not going to override the cocoa responder chain since it is standard in all cocoa applications.

> -There could be an option (or a default) to require moving between fields to be done with the Tab key (as opposed to Tab or Enter), with Enter used to log the QSO, unless the required fields are filled in (to avoid accidentally logging a partially filled-in QSO).

Again, MacLoggerDX is a cocoa application and I really don't want to change that, but as mentioned many times on the list you can map keyboard shortcuts to "Log". There is already a menu command to "Log QSO and Clear Fields" which returns focus to the call sign and can be mapped to any key combination or function key...

http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX%20Help/mldxfc_keyboard_shortcuts.html

73 de VE3VRW Don Agro