[MacLoggerContest] MacLoggerDX Contest panel

Rich Seifert ke1b at richseifert.com
Tue Dec 15 11:13:33 EST 2009

>On 2009-12-15, at 7:06 AM, Don Agro wrote:

>> On 2009-12-14, at 7:36 PM, Rich Seifert wrote:

>>> - The flashing red "dupe" indicator is fine, and works "on the

>>>fly" as requested earlier. However, the dupe check needs to be

>>>band and mode selectable. As it is now, it shows a dupe whether

>>>you worked the station on the same band/mode or a different

>>>band/mode. Now, in the 10 meter contest the band is all the same,

>>>but you *are* allowed to work the same station on CW and SSB; it

>>>would be nice to tell the dupe checker to check (independently)

>>>only on same band and only on same mode.

>> The contest Helper does exactly that... checks duplicates by

>>selected band or current band.

>Should the contest helper have a mode check option as well as a band

>check option ?

Perhaps yes, but as I said in another post, the "dupe" indicator
should be in the callsign field, not some other window. That's where
your eyes are when working rapid-fire.

Rich Seifert Networks and Communications Consulting
rich at richseifert.com 21885 Bear Creek Way
(408) 395-5700 Los Gatos, CA 95033
(408) 228-0803 FAX