[MacLoggerContest] MacLoggerDX Contest panel

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Thu Dec 17 11:16:32 EST 2009

On 2009-12-17, at 11:08 AM, Rich Seifert wrote:

> At 10:14 AM -0500 12/17/09, Don Agro wrote:

>> 2 separate sets of persistent values are kept, one for CW one for everything else.

> While I haven't yet checked the new feature, I would think it should be one for CW/RTTY (599) and one for everything else (59). I suspect the problem then becomes, "How do you know if the radio is set to RTTY?" If using FSK, it will probably be a "RTTY" mode, but folks can use AFSK with USB or LSB (or USB-D/LSB-D on radios so equipped). Perhaps handle the explicit RTTY mode, and let the AFSK-ers fend for themselves? (Spoken like a true FSK RTTY guy!)

I think we should see what others weigh in with on this. It is not hard to change but it cannot be ambiguous. For example we could also choose anything with SB or AM or FM in it versus everything else.

> Perhaps it would be possible to deduce the RTTY mode from the "Mode Mappings", i.e., if the user wants the QSO logged as RTTY (e.g., if set to LSB-D), then call it RTTY. Or perhaps I'm being too nit-picky (distinct possibility).

We make the decision based on what the mode displayed in the Contest or DX Panel is - which does have mode mapping applied first.

73 de VE3VRW Don Agro