[MacLoggerContest] MacLoggerDX Contest panel

Rich Seifert ke1b at richseifert.com
Thu Dec 17 11:08:37 EST 2009

At 10:14 AM -0500 12/17/09, Don Agro wrote:

>On 2009-12-14, at 7:36 PM, Rich Seifert wrote:

>> -When changing mode from CW to SSB, the pre-filled RST field

>>should automatically change from "599" to "59", and vice-versa,

>>without manual intervention. (I had to manually edit some SSB log

>>entries with an RST of 599 because I forgot to change it.)

>Version 5.21 Beta 14 does this.

>2 separate sets of persistent values are kept, one for CW one for

>everything else.

While I haven't yet checked the new feature, I would think it should
be one for CW/RTTY (599) and one for everything else (59). I suspect
the problem then becomes, "How do you know if the radio is set to
RTTY?" If using FSK, it will probably be a "RTTY" mode, but folks can
use AFSK with USB or LSB (or USB-D/LSB-D on radios so equipped).
Perhaps handle the explicit RTTY mode, and let the AFSK-ers fend for
themselves? (Spoken like a true FSK RTTY guy!)

Perhaps it would be possible to deduce the RTTY mode from the "Mode
Mappings", i.e., if the user wants the QSO logged as RTTY (e.g., if
set to LSB-D), then call it RTTY. Or perhaps I'm being too nit-picky
(distinct possibility).

>When you manually change the radio or auto tune changes it the

>correct set is loaded. When you edit either set the new value is

>stored for that set.

Perfect.

Rich Seifert Networks and Communications Consulting
rich at richseifert.com 21885 Bear Creek Way
(408) 395-5700 Los Gatos, CA 95033
(408) 228-0803 FAX