Fwd: [PAGID] patient

Dewton de Moraes Vasconcelos dmvascon at usp.br
Wed Nov 16 05:27:32 EST 2005

Dear Chris

In a patient with these clinical features I would think about PNP
deficiency, which usually present autoimmune cytopenias and neuropathy
and could be screened by uric acid quantification, as well as CD132
(gamma common chain) and Jak3 deficiencies. The normal titers of
antibodies are more suggestive of PNP deficiency.
The low proliferation for mitogens and antigens could be tested
correcting for the number of CD4+ cells in cell culture. We usually do
that in order to evaluate primary CD4 lymphocytopenia patients.

All the best,

Dewton