[PAGID] CVID fatigue

Riedl, Marc MRiedl at mednet.ucla.edu
Mon Mar 20 17:06:35 EST 2006

I have a 58 yo previously healthy woman recently diagnosed with CVID (IgG
400, low IgA, h/o respiratory infections) who has suffered from profound
disabling persistent fatigue for the past year. Increasing her IgG dose has
had no effect, nor is the fatigue cyclical related to her infusions.  We
have looked for chronic infection or monoclonal gammopathy without any
findings.  She was formerly a successful, high-powered attorney and appears
very motivated to return to work but has "no energy".  I have a sizeable
number of CVI patients in my practice and have seen associated fatigue, but
not to this degree or intensity.

Does anyone have experience with this?  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc Riedl, M.D., M.S.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Clinical Immunology and Allergy
UCLA - David Geffen School of Medicine
10833 Le Conte Ave, 52-175 CHS
Los Angeles, CA  90095
Tel 310.206.4345  Fax 310.206.8107

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.