[PAGID] CVID fatigue

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles charlotte.cunningham-rundles at mssm.edu
Tue Mar 21 13:36:24 EST 2006

I have had a couple with CVID  that have sx just like  CFS --- IvIg
did not help there either. Don't know if this is cause and effect or
what!

>I have a 58 yo previously healthy woman recently diagnosed with CVID (IgG
>400, low IgA, h/o respiratory infections) who has suffered from profound
>disabling persistent fatigue for the past year. Increasing her IgG dose has
>had no effect, nor is the fatigue cyclical related to her infusions.  We
>have looked for chronic infection or monoclonal gammopathy without any
>findings.  She was formerly a successful, high-powered attorney and appears
>very motivated to return to work but has "no energy".  I have a sizeable
>number of CVI patients in my practice and have seen associated fatigue, but
>not to this degree or intensity.
>
>Does anyone have experience with this?  Any suggestions are appreciated.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Marc
>
>Marc Riedl, M.D., M.S.
>Assistant Professor of Medicine
>Clinical Immunology and Allergy
>UCLA - David Geffen School of Medicine
>10833 Le Conte Ave, 52-175 CHS
>Los Angeles, CA  90095
>Tel 310.206.4345  Fax 310.206.8107

>IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only
>intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is
>addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and
>confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a
>safe, secure and confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or
>failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and
>state penalties. If you are not the recipient, please immediately
>notify us by return email, and delete this message from your
>computer.

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles MD PhD
Professor of Medicine, Pediatrics  and Immunobiology
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
1425 Madison Ave, New York 10029
phone 212 659 9268
fax  212 987 5593