[PAGID] IFN-gamma

Kathleen E.Sullivan sullivak at mail.med.upenn.edu
Thu Mar 23 06:29:03 EST 2006

I try not to use it acutely- but when kids are very sick or not
improving I will sometimes add it and have had few problems.
Kate
On Mar 22, 2006, at 6:57 PM, Christine Seroogy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to hear people's opinions about the use of IFN-g in the
> setting of acute infection in CGD patients.  We have a newly diagnosed
> 2.5 year boy who presented with aspergillus pneumonia.  His DHR looks
> like gp91 but Mom's DHR was completely normal and molecular diagnosis
> is pending.  He clinically has been very stable despite a terrible
> looking lung CT (one month into therapy).  We have confirmed
> aspergillus and now have sensitivities and will be treating him with
> voriconazole and caspofungin IV.
>
> He has never been on IFN-g and the opinions I have received thus far
> are mixed.
>
> Thanks for any input.  Chris

Kathleen E. Sullivan MD PhD
Chief, Division of Allergy and Immunology
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
(p) 215-590-1697
(f) 215-590-3044