[PAGID] LAD and CMV

Conley, Mary-Ellen maryellen.conley at STJUDE.ORG
Tue Jun 13 13:05:39 EDT 2006

Dear Lisa,
I think there are several variables that might influence your response.
One of the variables is the type of transplant.  If you were using an
unmanipulated sibling transplant, you might not worry too much if the
sibling were also CMV possitive.  If you are going to use a T cell
depleted transplant, you worry more.

Another variable is the state of the infection in the baby.  If urine is
CMV positive, you worry more.  I agree that use of gancyclorir (at least
2 weeks, therapeutic doses) is a good idea if you are worried.
Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Conley, MD
Department of Immunology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital