[PAGID] lymphopenia

Kathleen E. Sullivan sullivak at mail.med.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 13 15:40:22 EDT 2006

When I hear Burkitts I think XLP.   Otehr features in your patient are
not very consistent but Lisa Filipovich will do testing for you.

On Jun 13, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Christine Seroogy wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I would like to get your opinions about a 15y/o boy was admitted to
> our hospital with a gastrointestinal lymphoma (further
> characterization pending.)  He was initially seen in the immunology
> clinic here at 4 years of age because of severe primary VZV
> infection.  Evaluation at that time demonstrated
> lymphopenia--predominately CD4--and poor mitogen response.  His B cell
> numbers and function is normal (measured by titers to various vaccine
> antigens); he has been persistently hypergammaglobulinemic (IgG 1000s
> and IgA 400s).  NK cell numbers by CD16/56 slightly diminished.  HIV
> nonreactive.  He developed a Burkitt's lymphoma around age 10 and was
> successfully treated, he has had refractory sinus disease and
> recurrent OM.  No other infectious history or autoimmune phenomenon.
> No relevant family history.  I welcome any thoughts on how to pursue a
> molecular diagnosis on this child or hearing  if you have seen similar
> cases.  Thank you,  Chris
>

> Chris Seroogy, M.D.
> Assistant Professor
> Dept. of Pediatrics
> Mail:  H4/474 CSC, Mailstop 4108
> Shipping:  H4/431 CSC, Mailstop 4108
> 600 Highland Ave.
> Madison, WI  53792
> phone: 608- 263-2652
> fax: 608-265-0164

Kathleen E. Sullivan MD PhD
Chief, Division of Allergy and Immunology
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
(p) 215-590-1697
(f) 215-590-3044