[PAGID] IVIG potential benefit?

Sorensen, Ricardo RSoren at lsuhsc.edu
Mon Aug 7 18:23:17 EDT 2006

The problem with discussing IgG replacement in this patient is that the
present clinical status is not defined. How often is the patient sick?
How many days of work that she miss due to infections? How often does
she require antibiotics? Are antibiotics effective. What is her quality
of life, etc.

The only antibody abnormality seems to be a persistent, mildly decreased
IgM. This may signal a dysfunctional antibody production. But this would
be irrelevant if there are no documented recurrent infections.

Ricardo U Sorensen, MD

LSU Health Science Center and Children's Hospital,

New Orleans