[PAGID] options for DGS

Luigi Notarangelo luigi.notarangelo at childrens.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 26 10:30:18 EST 2007

Dear Javier,

while in Brescia, I have transplanted one child with complete DGS, using
unmanipulated bone marrow for a matched sibling. At 15 years after
transplant, the patient is well, with no signs of immune deficiency, and
normal T cell counts. However, it should be noted that TREC levels remain
extremely low, and that immune reconstitutiona has been provided by
engrafted post-thymic cells, which is what you expect with BMT for complete
DGS.
I would consider stem cell transplantation for complete DGS only if a
fully-matched donor is avaliable, so that no T-cell depletion is required.

Regards

Luigi Notarangelo
Children¹s Hospital, Boston
tel: 617-919-2276