[PAGID] options for DGS

Richard Hong rhong at uvm.edu
Sun Jan 28 20:56:13 EST 2007

There is another case of DGA treated with "BMT"--actually it was a
peripheral blood infusion. The reference is Lancet 1998, 352:1983. The lead
author is Bowers DC. The patient was infused at the Johns Hopkins Hosp.
Jerry Winkelstein might be able to give you a follow up.
I was delighted to see that Luigi had done Trecs on his patient. I tried to
get samples from the US transplants, but they seem to have been lost to
follow up. I think the long term outcome for these patients will be
problematic, but it is shows the amazing potential of "long lived" T lymphs.
I am unclear as to why your pt is not a candidate for thymus transplant. If
anything, I would think that the transplant would help the CMV infection. It
certainly will not aggravate it in any way.
Dick Hong
University of Vermont