[PAGID] reticular dysgenesis

Chinen, Javier jxchinen at TexasChildrensHospital.org
Thu Jun 7 17:55:36 EDT 2007

Dear all,

We have in our service a 1 mo baby girl, with severe neutropenia (unresponsive to GCSF), normal lymphocyte counts, all B cells absence of T cells, and sensorineural deafness. Presented with omphalitis. No positive family history. BM aspiration shows absence of myeloid precursors and presence of erythroid and megakarioblastoid lineages. The working diagnosis is reticular dysgenesis.
I was wondering if anyone in this forum knows about research being done for this condition, and if there are any other thoughts regarding the diagnosis of this baby.
MUD HSCT is being pursued.
Thanks,

Javier

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your computer system. Thank you.