[PAGID] (no subject)

Anita Gewurz agewurz at rush.edu
Tue Jun 26 14:56:57 EDT 2007

Dear PAGID Friends,

We've been asked to see 3- and 4YO sibs from downstate IL with
Nijmegen syndrome. Their parents want "immunologic studies." I
have not met the family yet and have no other history details.
However, I've cared for a patient with ATS who required gammaglobulin
replacement and who developed CNS lymphoma. I also had a patient
with Bloom syndrome, oropharyngeal carcinoma and NHL, so I have
experience with immunodeficiency associated with DNA breakage/repair
mutations and awareness of the high risk of lymphoma and other
malignancy.

Regarding immunologic workup for Nijmegen syndrome, other than PBMC
phenotyping and T- and B- cell functional studies, is anything else
advised? Is anyone studying this disease that I could suggest the
parents contact?

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Anita Gewurz MD <agewurz at rush.edu>