[PAGID] Patient question

HOWARD M LEDERMAN hlederm1 at jhmi.edu
Tue Jun 26 16:14:04 EDT 2007

We have also had good experience with Rituxan in our CVID pts who have immune cytopenias. There's probably little concern about B cell suppression in a pt getting IVIG. However, I think that rituxan has been associated with recurrence of hepatitis B, so I would be wary about using it in someone who has a past hx for that.

Howard
Howard M. Lederman, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine
Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology
Johns Hopkins Hospital - CMSC 1102
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287-3923
Phone: 410-955-5883