[PAGID] Hyper IgE therapy?

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles charlotte.cunningham-rundles at mssm.edu
Fri Sep 14 12:00:02 EDT 2007

we have used WBC infusions in this scenario ( brain abscess in that
case) and I know the NIH has as well.

I don't know if G(M) -CSF has been used, but we have used GM-CSF
in CGD with terrible GI disease which helped avoid colostomy

>We have just received an very ill 28 yo man with alleged Hyper IgE

>ID who is septic, dic etc. My question is:

>"Is there any immune directive intervention that is useful in this

>disease in general?"

>He is receiving excellent agressive regular medical management and

>unfortunately is on a necessary dose of steroids. I'm not aware of

>any proven cytokine, hematopoetic factor etc that has been shown to

>improve the underlying immune problem.

>You rapid input even to say nothing new is out there would be

>greatly appreciated.

>Andy Saxon, MD

>UCLA

>IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only

>intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is

>addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and

>confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a

>safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or

>failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and

>state penalties. If you are not the recipient, please immediately

>notify us by return email, and delete this message from your

>computer.

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles MD PhD
Professor of Medicine, Pediatrics and Immunobiology
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
1425 Madison Ave, New York 10029
phone 212 659 9268
fax 212 987 5593