[PAGID] XLA carrier detection

Conley, Mary-Ellen maryellen.conley at STJUDE.ORG
Thu Oct 4 17:12:02 EDT 2007

Hi Richard,
We still do mutation detection for Btk as part of our research studies.
We don't charge for it but we need a motivated family and a motivated
physician. Because we have been referred families in which the initial
dx was incorrect, we require blood from an affected male on a scheduled
date. In some families this can cause problems.

There are a couple of companies that do mutation detection: Correlagen
and GeneDX. I think they charge about $2000-$2500. I am not sure about
insurance. I think there are other options too. I would be interested
in other labs that people have been happy with.
Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Conley, MD
Department of Immunology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital