[PAGID] ID diagnosis

Kathleen E. Sullivan sullivak at mail.med.upenn.edu
Fri Nov 23 07:23:06 EST 2007

Giving plasma to dogs with a lupus-like nephritis accelerated the
process. The concept became that once you have immune complexes,
when you give plasma with complement you are feeding the fire.
Plasma has been shown to be of benefit as prophylaxis but i am not
sure anyone is using it that way anymore. I like your idea of
Rituximab but the action is slow-ish. It takes about a week. You
might need a little cytoxan to get her past this flare.

Kathleen E. Sullivan MD PhD
Chief, Division of Allergy and Immunology
Professor of Pediatrics
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
(p) 215-590-1697
(f) 267-426-0363