[PAGID] IVIG and aseptic meningitis

Routes, John jroutes at mcw.edu
Wed Dec 5 11:03:34 EST 2007

Chrus
If sc IgG is truly out of the question would try giving smaller dose with
more frequent infusion--give IVIG to every two weeks rather than every four.
If the infusion rate was high, may also want to give the IVIG over a longer
period of time----finally, I would also give a small dose of IV steroids
(say 50 mg hydrocortisone) prior to the infusion
Jack

John M. Routes, MD
Chief, Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Professor of Pediatrics, Medicine, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Department of Pediatrics
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Medical College of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Ave.