[PAGID] IVIG and aseptic meningitis

HOWARD M LEDERMAN hlederm1 at jhmi.edu
Wed Dec 5 11:00:52 EST 2007

My first step would be to consider which product is being used. Sometimes a change from a lyophilized product (e.g., Carimune) to a product supplied as a ready-to-infuse liquid can eliminate this problem.

My next step would be to use 50-100 mg of hydrocortisone as a pre-med.

Howard M. Lederman, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine
Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology
Johns Hopkins Hospital - CMSC 1102
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287-3923
Phone: 410-955-5883