[PAGID] IVIG and aseptic meningitis

Anita Gewurz agewurz at rush.edu
Wed Dec 5 12:55:07 EST 2007

Chris,

SC gammaglobulin (SCGG) would avoid the problem. If you have a young
child on SCGG who could show your patient how it works, he might be
less fearful of it. Any local discomfort with initial infusions can
be minimized with topical lidocaine and lower starting doses. As Mel
Berger and others will tell you, the infusion can be completed while
the patient watches a video, does homework or sleeps and can go with
him on vacation trips. Quality-of-life is better for the whole
family and so are trough IgGs.

Good luck!

Anita

Anita Gewurz MD <agewurz at rush.edu>