[PAGID] IVIG and aseptic meningitis

Lisa Kobrynski, MD, MPH lkobryn at emory.edu
Fri Dec 7 14:21:31 EST 2007

We have used all the afore mentioned strategies for dealing with the headaches.
Somethings seem to work better than others. We have used 1 or 2 doses of
Decadron 12-48 hours post infusion and that seems to work for the majority of
patients.

It seems as if we all have multiple patients who experience post-infusion
headache and have tried a variety of therapies for this. I don't know if this
is a true epi-phenomenon or not, but it does seem to be a more frequent problem
in our clinic than 10 years ago. Does anyone else have that impression? Is
there any data on frequency/prevalence of this side effect and the effect of
various therapies? If not, it might be helpful for the community at large to
put together a description of our collective experience.

Just a thought.

Lisa

Lisa Kobrynski, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics