[PAGID] HIGM Immunodeficiency

O'Gorman, Maurice MOGorman at childrensmemorial.org
Thu Jan 31 13:43:38 EST 2008

Dear Dr. Adel M. Al-wahadneh

We have developed a flow cytometry based Hyper IgM (CD40-ligand
deficiency) assay (attached) here in Chicago and I have helped several
laboratories around the world to set up this test.

Since it would be difficult for my laboratory to test your patients (as
viable samples are required and it might be difficult to get your
samples into the United States and to my laboratory in less than 72
hours) it might be best if you set up the test locally.

I helped the Ministry of Health in Kuwait set this up. Last week I met
Prof. Najwa Khuri-Bulos from the Jordan Univesity Hospital at a
conference in Kuwait where I discussed the utility of the flow based
assays for diagnosis of Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases, perhaps you
know her.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Dr. O'Gorman