[PAGID] Home IVIG Use

Berger, Melvin Melvin.Berger at UHhospitals.org
Thu Feb 21 00:54:36 EST 2008

Thanks. I have taken the oberty of forwarding your data to the pagid list serve. What is the number of responses and how many states are represented ?

Melvin Berger, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology
Case Western Reserve University
phone 216 844 3237

Director, Jeffrey Modell Center for Primary Immune Deficiencies
Division of Allergy-Immunology
Rainbow, Babies and Children's Hospital
University Hospitals of Cleveland
RB&C Rm 504, MS 6008B
11100 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44106

________________________________

From: Christopher Scalchunes [mailto:cscalchunes at primaryimmune.org]
Sent: Wed 2/20/2008 3:19 PM
To: Berger, Melvin
Subject: Home IVIG Use

Dr. Berger,

Chris Scalchunes here, Director of Survey Research at IDF; I hope this e-mail finds you well.

Tamara Brown forwarded me your response to an e-mail from the PAGID listserv regarding home IVIG use.

I just completed the first round of analysis on IDF's 2007 Patient Survey (3rd National Patient) and I thought you might find this interesting. These are "unofficial" results as nothing has been published or shared publicly but I thought I would share them with you.

Patients on SCIG: 18%

Patients infused at home by a nurse: 25%

Patients infused at home "by self": 3%

Total Infused at home: 46%

I would say your estimate is "spot-on".

Perhaps our paths will cross at AAAAI in Philadelphia in a few weeks.

Regards,

Chris

Christopher Scalchunes, MPA

Director of Survey Research

Immune Deficiency Foundation

40 W. Chesapeake Ave. Suite 308

Towson, MD 21204

443.632.2551

cscalchunes at primaryimmune.org

<http://www.primaryimmune.org/>

Visit us at www.UHhospitals.org.

The enclosed information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the use of the addressee only. University Hospitals and its affiliates disclaim any responsibility for unauthorized disclosure of this information to anyone other than the addressee.

Federal and Ohio law protect patient medical information, including psychiatric_disorders, (H.I.V) test results, A.I.Ds-related conditions, alcohol, and/or drug_dependence or abuse disclosed in this email. Federal regulation (42 CFR Part 2) and Ohio Revised Code section 5122.31 and 3701.243 prohibit disclosure of this information without the specific written consent of the person to whom it pertains, or as otherwise permitted by law.