[PAGID] Cellcept for ITP and CVID

Chris Seroogy cmseroogy at pediatrics.wisc.edu
Wed May 7 11:46:12 EDT 2008

Hello,

Has anyone had success using cellcept for ITP in CVID patients? I have a
teenager who presented a number of years ago with ITP and AIHA. She
fulfills the criteria for CVID and is on IVIG. She had a recent flare in
her ITP and failed increasing her IVIG. She was started on prednisone and
rituxan. She just finished her fourth cycle of rituxan and is tapering on
her prednisone. She responded nicely (I think more to the steroids than the
rituxan since the response was early and rapid) but now her platelets are
slowly dropping. As opposed to offering splenectomy, I was thinking of
cellcept since I think the risk/benefit is better in general. Thank you for
sharing your experiences. Chris

Chris Seroogy, M.D.

University of Wisconsin

Assistant Professor

Dept. of Pediatrics

Mail:  H4/474 CSC, Mailstop 4108

Shipping:  H4/431 CSC, Mailstop 4108

600 Highland Ave.

Madison, WI  53792

phone: 608- 263-2652

fax: 608-265-0164

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if

any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended

solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is

unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,

copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in

reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received

this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of this

message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard

copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying to

this email. Thank you.