[PAGID] Puzzling case of hypergammaglobulinemia with absence of antibody responses

Kathleen E. Sullivan sullivak at mail.med.upenn.edu
Wed Dec 24 10:35:01 EST 2008

I followed a young boy who presented nearly identically and I called
him a patient with combined immune deficiency for about 7 years.
When testing for Artemis became available I sent it and he has a SCID-
associated mutation on one chromosome. The other chromosome is
either deleted or normal and we are working on the assumption that he
has a mild/moderate Artemis deficiency while the investigations move
forward.

Kate
Kathleen E. Sullivan MD PhD
Chief, Division of Allergy and Immunology
Professor of Pediatrics
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
(p) 215-590-1697
(f) 267-426-0363